Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

Hello I HOVE JUST A FULL DOWNLAD VERSION OF WINDOWS 8.1 HOW

I HOVE JUST A FULL DOWNLAD VERSION OF WINDOWS 8.1 HOW DO I DOWLOAD IT
Category: Software
Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am glad to assist you today.

Are you trying to upgrade your computer from an older version of Windows like Windows Vista or 7 to Windows 8?

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I deleted the windows recovery partion by mistake so I bought a full version of windows 8.1. Sorry for the slow reply. I have a disability.

Stuart

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Hi Stuart,

Thank you for writing back. So you were trying to re-install your Windows 8 in your computer but the recovery partition was deleted. Now, you bought the full Windows 8.1 installer. Did you buy it online and downloaded it? Or did you buy a DVD kit?

Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Jess I Brought it online in order to download it but I don't how to do this even though I have a Mircosoft account,

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Hi Stuart,

Thank you for that information. So the exact problem now is to actually download the installer from Microsoft so that you can install it.

There are 2 ways to get Windows 8.1. First is by going online and buying it from Microsoft or from other retailers that will allow you to DOWNLOAD it.

Second, is to buy the DVD version of the installer. But this takes time if you bought it online because you need to wait for the DVD to be shipped to your address.

Now, I believe that you bought the "downloadable" version of Windows 8.1 only so you need to first download the installer from the online vendor. There must be a link in the email that you must have received after buying Windows 8.1. You can then follow the link to download the installer.

After downloading the installer, you have 2 options to install.

First, to UPGRADE the version of your computer that you are using to download Windows 8.1. I believe this is NOT the case because the PC where you want to install Windows 8 has no OS and the recovery partition was deleted. Or are you using the PC where you want Windows 8.1 installed, to communicate with me now?

The second option is to run the downloaded file, and then BURN the ISO or the image of the installer into a blank DVD. Then you can use this DVD to install it in the computer where you want Windows 8.1 installed.

So you can first check your email for the link to download the bought software. Or I can remotely access your computer to do all these things while you watch. This is safe and faster though. However, this remote access support is an additional service offer.This is optional thoug, just in case you want me to remotely access your computer and perform the steps, instead of you doing all of them.

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated! Cool

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess