Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Software Systems Specialist.
32989067

is it legal to download software on another persons behalf

is it legal to download software on another persons behalf so that they can restore / repair their operatng system under thei license of their original software.
Category: Software
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

If the software is licensed, it is ok. This is the main point. It does not matter who downloads it, as long as the computer your installing it to, is licensed for the software.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

in your opinion you believe that i have the right to download the software from microsoft or others and provide it to an end user who has a license but for some reason ( virus , fault) needs to restore the software and register it agan or activate it with their original product license ?

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Not any software though, as licencing is done in batches.

You need to download the recover for the computer.

You cannot just download any software as your license will not activate it.