Hello Keith! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.
I'm sorry about the issue. Usually, with browser hijacks/toolbars/programs, etc., the antivirus/security program cannot protect because they are usually not spyware or viruses; they are just some add-on programs; advertising programs. To prevent this, you should be careful when downloading/installing any program from the internet. Even when you know the program you want to download/install from the internet, that program might try to get you installing another program, such a browser toolbar, that it partners with, so during installation, look for custom or advanced option, etc., and uncheck any add-on item you don't want.
The free Malwarebytes Anti-malware program may be able to remove some of these. Please click on the website below:
, then scan your computer using the Quick Scan option,
, then click on Show results if prompted, then check all the items if it finds any, then click on Remove selected
, then restart the computer.
(Note: Do not buy anything or try the Pro version; just use its free feature. Also, note that the program name isXXXXX)
Next, if you use Internet Explorer browser (the big 'e' program icon), please try the following fix:
- Close all Internet Explorer windows.
- Click Start , and then click Control Panel.
- Open Network and Internet, open Internet Options.
- Then change the home page to a website you want, such as yahoo.com or google.com etc., then click on on Apply.
- Then click on Delete and delete only temporary internet files.
- Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset.
- In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
- Then check.
If you use another Internet browser program, such as Firefox or Chrome, please let me know.
Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you,