Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Computer Specialist
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

I have windows 7. I have just purchased a silhouette portrait

I have windows 7. I have just purchased a silhouette portrait electronic cutting tool. I installed the silhouette studio software but when I connected the silhouette to the computer my PC did not recognize the device. What do I do now?

Pat C
Category: Software
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 3 years ago.

JoelK :

Hello. Thank you for your question. My goal is to provide excellent customer service.

JoelK :

I understand that your computer is not recognizing your device. Here is what you need to do:

JoelK :

Disconnect the device from your computers and uninstall the software. Then reconnect the device. The computer will then recognizes a new device and prompt you to install the driver software. The computer will then associate the device with the drivers

Pat,

I am grateful for the opportunity to be of service, and I am glad that I was able to assist you in finding the best solution to your technical problem.

If any problems arise in the future where I can be of assistance, please return to Just Answer and ask for me by name. Thank you.

Joel