IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I sent a question this morning which I have not had a response

I sent a question this morning which I have not had a response to. I think I have paid already but maybe you would check.

'I use Picassa to store photos and have had good results over the years using my DSLR camera with photos and videos. I have now bought a Lumix TZ60 and the photos work well but the video load as a black screen. I can find the video on My Pictures (Windows) but without sound and I can't move it anywhere. I also transferred the video from the camera it to my ipad using wifi but again it won't save ('FORMAT NOT SUPPORTED') It appears to be a AVCHD video format. Not a lot of point having a digital camera with video if you can't do anything with the video. Help please!
Category: Software
Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 years ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

To confirm, you can transfer the videos from your DSLR camera, but once they are transferred to your computer, you cannot play them?

If so, can those videos be played directly on your camera?

Let me know,
IT Miro
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

1. On my old DSLR the video images transferred automatically to Picassa and My Pictures along with the photos. No problems at all.

2. On the new camera (compact super zoom) I can play them back on the camera, I can do likewise on my ipad when I have connected via wifi - BUT they will not save (AVCHD - format not supported)

Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 years ago.
Hi again!

It seems that your computer (Picasa) currently doesn't support AVCHD since it is most likely missing video codecs. In order to support AVCHD (to play it), you will need to install K-Lite Codec Pack. It is free and you can download it on THIS LINK.

Select one of the FULL version links there. Install it using recommended options and then restart the computer.

After that, see if that helped.

Regards,

IT Miro

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Tied that but when I 'run' it tells me the file is corrupt!!

Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 years ago.
OK, let's try with another download link.

Please click on this link below and the download should start immediately. Once the download has been completed, run it and it should install without problems.

After the installation, restart the computer.

Download link - CLICK HERE.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks it seems to have worked which I have to say is brilliant.

The picture quality is poorer than originally especially when panning (horizontal lines). But I suppose beggars can't be choosers. Thanks very much for your help (unless you have bright idea for the picture quality??)

Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 years ago.
Hi again!

I am glad that installing video and audio codecs helped!

If the picture quality seems to be poor, please play the video in another player, such as Media Player Classic Home Cinema (MPC-HC) that comes with the K-Lite Codec Pack installation.

In case you haven't installed it, you can download it from THIS LINK.

Another good video player is VLC media player which you can download on THIS LINK.

Regards,
IT Miro
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes that works thanks for your help. I have no idea what I have done but obviously you do!!

Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 years ago.

I am very glad I could help you solve the problem! Smile

You can now rate my service using the rating box to confirm that you are satisfied with my assistance.

If you ever need any other assistance, you can always request me on this link:

http://www.justanswer.co.uk/computer/expert-it-miro

Thanks and have a nice day!
IT Miro