A. Stevens
A. Stevens, Computer Engineer
Experience:  10+ years of Desktop, Laptop, and Server troubleshooting and support.
71208907

I have installed the Flight Sim 2002 and Combat Flight Sim

I have installed the Flight Sim 2002 and Combat Flight Sim programs and also the Logitech Extreme 3D PRO joystick. For some reason that I don't understand the joystick is not able to work with the flight sim programs.
I would very much appreciate any help that anyone may be able to give me.
Many thanks,

Ray
Category: Software
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 3 years ago.

A. Stevens :

Hi Ray. I am A. Stevens here to help with your question.

A. Stevens :

I see that you are having issues with your Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick working with your Flight Sim/Combat Flight Sim software.

A. Stevens :

Could you please let me know what kind of computer you are using, as well as the type of operating system? (I.E. Windows 7, Windows XP, etc.)

A. Stevens :

Also are you able to use this joystick with another software? Were you able to ever use it before on another computer?

A. Stevens :

You can try to download the latest drivers/software from Logitech. You can download it here (http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/support/extreme-3d-pro?osid=14&bit=64, but you would need to make sure you download the correct version. In the dropdown box on the left you will need to select the correct Operating System, and in the dropdown underneath you will need to select either 32-bit or 64-bit, depending on your computer. In case you need assistance to determine what version you have, please follow these instructions: (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/which-operating-system).

A. Stevens :

If the software/driver update does not resolve your issue, you may also need to explore manually assigning the controls to the keys on the joystick. You should be able to do this through the settings within the Flight Simulator.