Jason Jones
Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Experience:  10+ years of work experience.
30759776

Hi I have bought a Wifi USB Bridge Dongle Wireless Connector

Hi I have bought a Wifi USB Bridge Dongle Wireless Connector For DreamBox Sky HD Box PS3 Xbox RJ45 and i installed the software on my windows 7 64-bit desktop computer so that I can configure it up to my network. once installed i get a program pop up called VAP11G_Setup but when i double click on it all that happens is User Access Control comes up so i click Yes but the program does not load after that no matter how many times i click on it to open it Hope you can help Thank you

Category: Software
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 3 years ago.

My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.

May I ask if you are also running any type of antivirus software?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes i have antivirus running its norton internet security

Thank you for the update.

Please, disable Norton and try installing the software once more.

When you do that, does it work?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

disabled Norton and that made no difference when opening the program

Thank you for the update.

May I please, start a remote screen sharing session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes

Please, click the following link and choose to run the remote application: http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=8c7d195a-528f-46c0-9950-81024a5bc9de

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

done

I look forward to your next message or your rating below.

To rate me, you can click one of the faces below and click Submit/Ok or click the Accept button.

If you ever wish to work with me in the future, you can ask your new questions and have them sent to me directly at the following page: http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-computertechmaster/

Thank you again,
- Jason

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi somehow the software worked this morning and i set up my Wifi USB Bridge Dongle Wireless Connector For DreamBox Sky HD Box PS3 Xbox RJ45 to my router wifi but i know have this problem not sure if you can help

I am having problems connecting my SKY+HD BOX to my broadband. I have got a SKY+ HD BOX and I have connected a Wifi USB Bridge Dongle Wireless Connector For DreamBox Sky HD Box PS3 Xbox RJ45 via the Ethernet port. the USB Bridge Dongle has been setup to run with my router (BT HOME HUB3) but when I check on my SKY BOX all I get is on the network screen it says Connection to broadband Router Fail, Connection to On demand Fail, IP address of this box 0.0.0.0.

anyone might be able to help in any way Thank You

This was working yesterday before I disconnected.

It has been almost 24 hours and you have reposted, stating that it now does not work.

Is this the same issue as before or a new problem?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
New problem

You can rate this question and open a new one.

You can ask your new questions and have them sent to me directly at the following page: http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-computertechmaster/

Thank you again,
- Jason