A. Stevens
A. Stevens, Computer Engineer
Experience:  10+ years of Desktop, Laptop, and Server troubleshooting and support.
71208907

I have a problem with my grundig DigtaSoft Pro transcription.

I have a problem with my grundig DigtaSoft Pro transcription. The system keeps 'crashing' when I am mid-file and I have to turn off my PC completely and restart before I can continue transcribing. I had installed both DigtaSoft Pro and DigtaSoft One a few months ago, when the trouble first started. The error message which appears says:
'Action cannot be completed because the programme is busy. Choose 'Switch To' to correct the problem. Nothing happens when I click Switch To, and I have to turn the PC off. Do you think the two programmes are causing the problem? Should I uninstall both and re-install just the latest version?
Category: Software
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 2 years ago.

A. Stevens :

Hi! I am A. Stevens here to help with your question.

A. Stevens :

I see that you are currently offline. Please let me know when you return so I can assist you in troubleshooting this issue.

Customer:

Thank you. I am now online.

Customer:

Thanks. I'll stay online.

A. Stevens :

Hi - Sorry I just got back to you..was tied up on another case.

A. Stevens :

I seem to have missed you again.

A. Stevens :

Could we schedule a time to connect here?

A. Stevens :

I am currently at 16:30.

Customer:

Sorry I keep missing you. The time is now 09.24 and I'll be online for the next few hours.

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Adam,

I am happy to wait until you find an expert who may be able to help.

But please keep me informed; if you can't find anyone, please advise me.

Sue

Hi Sue,

Sorry that we keep missing each other. I should be available to help you most of the rest of today. Please let me know if we can connect some time in the next few hours. Thanks!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm working now, so can't be available this evening. If we could arrange a time for tomorrow late morning/afternoon, that would be good for me.

Are you in UK?

No, I'm actually in U.S. I am in GMT -5:00. Please let me know what a good time would be and what time zone you are in so I can schedule. Thanks!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

UK has only one time zone - it depends on which zone you're in in the US.

It's 11.00 a.m. here, and I can be available for the next 4-5 hours, if convenient for you. If not, we could arrange a time for Friday?

Ok, Looks like you are 6 hours ahead of me. I am available now if you are...otherwise how about we try for 3PM your time on Friday? Would that be ok?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm now online, if you're still available. If not, let's make it definite for Friday at 3.00 p.m. GMT. Thanks.

I am here now. Are you available?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, I'm here!

Great! Seems like we finally are able to connect! Sorry about the inconvenience
So do you have the installation file or CD for both software? If so, I would try uninstalling one of them and try to use the other to see if the issue persists.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have the CD for the latest version, so I was intending to delete them both and re-install just the recent one.

Also after reviewing the 2 different versions..it seems that Digtasoft Pro has the same functionality at Digtasoft One but with some extra features...is there any reason why you need both software installed?
Yes I would definitely reinstall, but do it in this order.

Uninstall both software completely.

Install ONLY Digtasoft Pro. Use it and see if there are any issues.

if there are no issues then go ahead to: ***** Then test again to see if any issues arise.
This way you can narrow down where the issue may be coming from if it does indeed come back.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK - thanks very much, I'll try that. I only had the 2 versions because I was trying to fix the initial problem with DigtaSoft One, and then the person I work for bought another version, i.e. DigtaSoft Pro, so that was also installed. I did suspect that the two versions were 'clashing', i.e. both trying to read the dictation, hence the message "the programme is busy".

I'll report back once I've done the downloads/uploads - probably tomorrow.

Thanks again!

Great! I would say that if you have access to Digtasoft Pro, that should be the only software you need. You should not need to install Digtasoft One. I believe you are correct about the "clashing" issue. Let me know how it turns out!
A. Stevens, Computer Engineer
Experience: 10+ years of Desktop, Laptop, and Server troubleshooting and support.