JamesI
JamesI, Other
Experience:  James has used and supported a wide range of software from CAD, Microsoft, Accounting and EPOS.
75967336

Yesterday I recorded some interviews onto CDR in a commercial

Customer Question

Yesterday I recorded some interviews onto CDR in a commercial studio (200 miles away from where I live). So I've got 3 CDs. I played back a bit of each one to check it was fine, and indeed it was. I asked the guy on the help-desk whether they were OK and he looked at the LED panel on the machine and said yep. Now I get them home and - oops, they won't play on my PC. Or on my laptop. So I'm guessing they've not been finalized. Two questions - are they gone for good? And can I get them back without driving 400 miles?
Category: Software
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 years ago.

JamesInch :

Hi, can you see any data on the disk when you put it into the CD drive?

JamesInch :

The good news is most laptops all have CDR burners now, so if you find out what software they used to burn the disk you can probably down load a copy (demo\trial version) and finalise them yourself.