Chris L.
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Software expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

I want to operate my Hotmail email in outlook 2013. Can this

Customer Question

I want to operate my Hotmail email in outlook 2013. Can this be done please?
Category: Software
Expert:  Chris L. replied 3 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you.

Yes you can do this.

Please read through the instructions before trying them so you understand what needs to be done.

The first thing you need to be sure if is that you can log in through the web. So first confirm that you can log in at www.hotmail.com. Remember that hotmail.com is now called outlook.com but it still works the same.

Once you have confirmed that your email address and password ***** working online do the following in outlook 2013.

1. Click the File > Add Account.
graphic

2. Type your name, email address, and password, and then retype your password.

3. Click Next.

4. When Outlook is done setting up your account, click Finish.

Please take a moment please rate my service by clicking on one of the smiley faces below. You can always return to this page to talk with me any time if you need more help.

Thanks,
Chris
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This is exactly what I have tried but it does not work. I am using my Hotmail login password. Is that correct?

Expert:  Chris L. replied 3 years ago.
You are going to need to be more specific if possible. When you say it does not work what do you mean? What is the error you are seeing?

Yes you will need to enter your hotmail email address and password.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

When I enter my Hotmail email address and password ***** fist phase works fine, i.e. confirming I am connected to the network, but that is a far as it gets, and returns a message "the operation has failed"

Expert:  Chris L. replied 3 years ago.
I would like to connect to your computer to see if I can resolve this issue for you. Please let me know if you would like to try that.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes please

Expert:  Chris L. replied 3 years ago.
Please click HERE and then click Join Session to connect. You will need to download and run the connection utility so if anything pops up and asks you to run or allow say yes.
Expert:  Chris L. replied 3 years ago.
The connection seemed to drop and I waited awhile but no connection.

Send me a message and I can reconnect.