Chris R.
Chris R., Computer Tech
Experience:  BSBA CIS, A+ Certified
70521640

windows is unable to support virtualpilot 3d despite tying

Customer Question

windows is unable to support virtualpilot 3d despite tying compatibility options and running as administrator. Norton report no problems with the site. Is there any solution or have I wasted well over £100 on useless CDs ?
Category: Software
Expert:  Chris R. replied 3 years ago.
Hello my name is***** and I would be happy to assist you today.

I am not familiar with Virtual Pilot 3D. Is this a PC game? Or is it something completely different and web based? I do have an idea for you, so when you get the chance please get back to me. Thank you.

Chris R
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is a website but also a sophisticated flight simulator which operates via 4 cds. When I try to launch a window advises after a short period that windows has stopped working, but no solution is forthcoming.

Expert:  Chris R. replied 3 years ago.

Colin,

I took it upon myself to do a little research on this and many are claiming that this company is a Scam, and that they sucker you into paying a lot for the simulator and then when you do get it, it doesn't work right or is very buggy and of low quality. I am not sure what you used to purchase the software, but I would file a complaint and try to get your money back.

What I was going to suggest if it was simply a matter of needing XP for your software to work was to use a Virtual Machine such as Virtual Box and create an XP OS from an older XP disc. It is actually quite simple and it allows you to run XP at the same time as your Windows 7 or 8. Virtual Machines are actually pretty cool so if you find yourself needing something like that give it a shot.

Chris R

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How much do I now have to pay for no solution in addition to what I have already wasted !

Expert:  Chris R. replied 3 years ago.
Colin,

I provided you with an answer to your problem. I am telling you that it is likely a scam company and that you should get your money back. If you don't believe me that is fine.

Also, I provided you with a way to use XP if the software needs this.

We offer a satisfaction guarantee so I can request that you receive your deposit back if that is what you would like. Please take what I have said in mind though and check into that company a little more.

Thank you and have a great day.

Chris R
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No offence to you personally but it seems the likelyhood of a refund or a solution is non-existent. I just wonder whether any action is possible to eliminate such scams.

Expert:  Chris R. replied 3 years ago.

When I say refund I am not necessarily saying to ask the company you purchased it from to give you money back. I am saying to go to your credit card company or bank and explain to them that you believe the company is fraudulent. You can also file complaints with different authorities but I am from US not UK so I do not know what organizations you have.

Do you have a Full Retail copy of Windows Xp disc? If you do I don't mind showing you how to set up that Virtual Box software I was referring to. That is if you still want to attempt to get the software working.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry, I am a very old man (77) with no idea what a Windows xp disc is or Virtual Box software. Forgive me for that.

Expert:  Chris R. replied 3 years ago.
That's ok. Windows XP is an older operating system before Windows Vista and 7. The XP disc I am referring to is just the CD that you would use to install the XP. If you don't know what it is then you don't have it and you wouldn't be able to do what I was saying. I am afraid I probably can't be of much more help in this case. I can go ahead and request a refund of your deposit.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you. I have no objection to paying a deposit for your service, but do not wish to continue monthly payments. Will you please confirm that this is now the case. I will contact my credit card server but do not hold out much hope!
Expert:  Chris R. replied 3 years ago.
Colin,

It does not look like you are a subscriber. Under your username I see Non Subscriber so you shouldn't be getting reoccuring charges. All the questions are one time fee. You would of had to specifically select that you wanted to become a subscriber for that to happen. Even if there is a mistake our customer service team would be quick to correct that for you.

Please rate my service with the smiley faces below and hit submit. This will conclude our session and allow me to receive credit for time assisting you.

Thank you and best of luck to you Colin,

Chris R
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry again, a little bit confused. Does this mean just a one time payment of £26 will be taken ?

Expert:  Chris R. replied 3 years ago.
No worries. Yes, that is correct. As an expert on this site, we only receive a portion of that amount though. Pretty much a commission upon receiving a positive rating. You should see no other charges.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. I hope "should see" means definitely not. I might add that the British Telecon tech experts were also unable to offer a solution. You were my last hope!

Expert:  Chris R. replied 3 years ago.
Lol I say SHOULD because accidents can happen. All I know is that you are not showing as being a subscriber so the system is not set up to charge you on a monthly basis. Our customer service team are very helpful though, and if there is ever a problem they would take care of you.

I wouldn't think BT would help because they are concerned more about internet services.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ciao, ***** ***** the Big Apple. Sorry I missed the tip page

Expert:  Chris R. replied 3 years ago.
No worries. Take Care!

Chris R