IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

Hi there, I've been trying to download adobe creative cloud

Hi there,
I've been trying to download adobe creative cloud to my desktop because I have an account, and it won't work. I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it and nothing seems to work.
Any help?
Category: Software
Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
John :

Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I will try my best to help you

John :

Sir/Ma'am is this problem occurring on a windows or Mac system?

Which is the operating system installed in the PC.Is it windows Xp, Windows Vista, Windows 7, windows 8 or any other

John :

What is the error it shows when you try to download or install adobe creative cloud?

Customer:

Full Size Image
Hi there,

Customer:

I'm currently working on a Mac OSX, Version 10.9.4

Customer:

The attached image is what I see everytime I try and re-download creative cloud

John :

Thank you for the image and details

John :

its a Mac system which i am not familiar with but have you tried clearing cache and cookies

Customer:

I think so. I downloaded CCleaner and 'cleared cache'. Is there another way I should try?

John :

Can you please try the following method and let me know

Full Size Image

John :

Once you have done that close all safari browsers and then retry the adobe creative cloud

Customer:

did you get to that window through safari? I only use Chrome or Firefox and don't have those exact same options.

John :

one moment

John :

can you try doing it from safari browser like in this link https://answers.syr.edu/display/software/Clear+Cache+in+Safari+version+7+on+Mac+OSX

Customer:

okay great thanks

John :

You are welcome please try it and let me know

Customer:

okay i did it

John :

now retry the adobe creative cloud

Customer:

sorry its still not working

Customer:

i get the same message everytime

John :

OK can you please open terminal window then try the following commands one by one

chmod -N ~/library

chmod +a "everyone deny delete" ~/library

John :

let me know if both commands run successfully without any error messages

John :

Once that is done retry adobe creative cloud and let me know

Customer:

Sorry do you mean Command?

John :

the above are two commands not one
1.chmod -N ~/library

2.chmod +a "everyone deny delete" ~/library

Customer:

Sorry I don't understand. When I click Command N, it just brings me to a new window

John :

No worries i will explain
you need to open Terminal by doing this
1.Open Finder. Finder is available in the Dock
2.Select applications. Then chose utilities
3.Double click on Terminal.

Customer:

Okay thanks. And then do I copy and paste '1.chmod -N ~/library ' into the terminal?

John :

you can type or copy it to the terminal but remove that 1. and 2.from that

Customer:

Thanks. I just copied and pasted both commands separately into the terminal

Customer:

Do I try re-downloading Creative cloud?

John :

did you run the commands in the terminal one by one

Customer:

yes

John :

did it gave any error messages

Customer:

no it just came up with this:

kelly-armstrongs-computer:~ kelly$

John :

OK that is fine now close the terminal and retry Creative cloud

John :

Any change ma'am?

Customer:

just waiting for it to finish downloading. It's taking a while.

John :

OH OK let me know once you have checked it

Customer:

Unfortunately it still says:

Customer:

cookies dir: cannot make folder/ cookies: permission denied (error 13)

Customer:

maybe I should delete safari and firefox and re-install them?

John :

I don't think that will help.Like i said before i am not that familiar with Mac systems so for further troubleshooting and fixing you need a expert in Mac libraries and file system permissions.I work mostly on windows based systems,so i am not comfortable with tampering libraries and file system permissions because i am not familiar with it on a Mac system.I took this question thinking that it was
a windows system because in the question the operating system was not mentioned.I will open this question to other experts
who knows Mac system better so that they can help you fix this issue.I really apologize for the inconveniences caused.
when another expert replies you will get a email notification and you can continue with that expert to fix this issue.is that OK with you?

Customer:

yeah thats fine thanks. will you notify another expert to help me with the issue, or is this something i need to do?

John :

You do not need to do anything.once another expert replies to you it will be notified to you through your email so check your email in-between

Customer:

Great, thanks.

John :

I am going to open this to other experts so please do not reply or rate me after this message that will bring the question back to me. once again i apologize for the inconveniences.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

Clearing cookies in Safari won't help. This problem is caused by insufficient user privileges. You will need to manually correct user privileges for the "Adobe" folder so that Adobe Creative Cloud can create new folder(s) when needed, with no errors.

So, here is what to do:

1. Uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud

2. Restart your Mac

3. Do not re-install, but click on your desktop and then click on the Go menu located on the toolbar at the top. Once you see the options there, press and hold down the Option (Alt) key and you will see a new option appeared - Library. Click on it

4. When the Library window appears, access the folder named Application Support

5. There locate a folder named Adobe. Do not access it, but just click on it to highlight it and then hold down the Control (Ctrl) key and then press the left mouse click. When a new menu appears, select Get Info

6. Click on the Sharing & Permission section (arrow) located at the bottom of the Get Info window to expand it

7. Click on the padlock icon located in the bottom right corner. Enter your password ***** click OK

8. Once the padlock is unlocked, you will need to set Privilege for all of the listed users to Read & Write. To do that, select first user and then click on the current privilege level and then select Read & Write. Do the same for all other users so that all can have Read & Write listed under Privilege

9. After that, click on the little gear button located next to the minus (-) button and select Apply to enclosed items... and confirm by clicking OK

10. Click on the padlock icon to lock those options

11. Now you can re-install Adobe Creative Cloud and you shouldn't receive the same error

Let me know the results.

Regards,
IT Miro
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you! That fixed it.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.

I am very glad I could help solve the problem! Smile

You can now rate my service using the rating box to confirm that you are satisfied with my assistance.

If you ever need any other assistance, you can always request me on this link:

http://www.justanswer.co.uk/computer/expert-it-miro

Thanks and have a nice day!
IT Miro

IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience: Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional