Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Computer Specialist
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

Windows 7 Question: I have a cloud drive called barracuda

Customer Question

Windows 7 Question:
I have a cloud drive called barracuda Copy.
I want to move My Documents on my PC and my laptop to be located on the Copy drive with no local storage (Will back up the file on Copy to another online drive also)
How do I move the location My Documents on the PC and Lap? An how do I cope with any file name conflict or duplicates by the effective merging of the two My Documents folders?
Many thanks!
Category: Software
Expert:  Chris R. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is***** and I would be happy to assist you today.

I am not sure exactly what you are trying to do, but I suspect you might be overcomplicating things. I have not used Barracuda Copy, but it is the same as any other Cloud based storage service that is out right now.

I understand that you want to backup your files to the cloud, but you have me lost on wanting to move the My Documents.

Can you clarify for me? Thank you.

Chris R
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Chris,

Having moved the folders, I would like to be able, when I click save, it saves to the copy folder online, not locally to the Laptop of PC?

Regards,

Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 2 years ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. Thank you for your question. My goal is to provide excellent customer service.

You can change the default directory for file saves. There is no way to do it universally, but you can set the default directory in each application that you use.

However, I recommend staying with the local copy, because it is faster, more accurate, and always available offline, Some cloud services offer auto sync in the background. This uses a lot of data and should only be used on a wifi network.