The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Software Engineer
Experience:  20 years experience providing remote computer support
62934938

Hello I have some old bank statements that i have QIF format

I have some old bank statements that i have QIF format downloaded from first direct bank.
i am trying to convert them to excel. i have both mac and windows machines (- xp through to windows 8 ) i have tried a couple of downloads from the web but not much seems to be happening, is there any software that may be available to convert or open these files ?
Category: Software
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 2 years ago.
My Name is***** will be helping you today. If I provide good service, you may ask for The-PC-Guy in your question title for your future needs.

I regret to inform you that a QIF file is exclusive to Quicken.

The only way you will be able to convert this file is to load it into a computer that has Quicken on it. Then you will be able to export it in a format the excel can read such as CSV.

The process is.

1. Open Quicken
2. Creat New Account, so as not to affect any accounts or settings currently on the computer
3. Import QIF File(s). to New Account
4. Export as CSV or XLS if you have the option
5. Load CSV in Excel
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok thanks, ***** ***** just looked it up and quicken still seems to be available , is it likely that it will open old files , my data is from 2003 !

i take it its quicken.com is that the accounts package ?

i have not heard of quicken.com, it may be that they are offering cloud services like outlook.com and so on.

the website for the software company is

http://www.intuit.com/

as far as I know all of the new versions will import older version, just not the other way around.

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO RATE.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

great , many thanks