Freddy M.
Freddy M., IT Technician
Experience:  Years of experience.
15852642

How can I load and unload my elderly Walkman music player NW-A3000

How can I load and unload my elderly Walkman music player NW-A3000 in the absence of both Connect and Sonic Stage?
Category: Software
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
What version of windows or mac is on your computer?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

windows7

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Click on start, and in the search box type media player.
Open the windows media player.

On the right side you should see some options from play to sync.
Click on sync there on the top right.

Drag and drop any music you want on the walkman from the middle over to that right list.
Once it is full click on the sync button on the right and when it is finished the music should be on the walkman.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Freddy M., IT Technician
Experience: Years of experience.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hrllo Freddy

Sorry about that - a suprise visit from the Grandchildren!

I have tried your suggested action but all Iend up with on my

Walkman is "Connecting".

One main problem with my computer is that I have about 5000 tracks and I only now have about a Gigabyte remaining. Perhaps it would be best to remove some first!

David

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Connecting means it is trying to get a signal from the computer but can not. If you can test with another computer to see if the same thing happens. If it does the cable you are using to connect it may be failing and need to be replaced.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Freddy

I have tried with my Laptop with exactly the same response. I can hardly believe that the cable is defunct.

It could take some time to get a replacement even if they (whoever they are) had one!

Would it not be better to try and remove some files from the Walkman!

David

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Files on the Walman would not stop the computer from being able to see it. Only the port on the computer, the port on the walman, and the cable have anything to do with that. Cables do fail over time which is why no companies warranty them.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

O.K. I will now spend a little time looking up spare parts. Thank you for now.

David

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Freddy

My cable, if I have ordered the right one) is due to be delivered on Tuesday. I will report to you if it works.

David

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
OK hopefully that is what was causing the issue connecting.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Freddy

After carefully studied the available cables the one I have received is incorrect. I cannot keep on trying, it would be cheaper in the long run to buy myself a new model!

Many thanks anyway.

David

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You're welcome David, if you would like me to I would be happy to help you find a replacement.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Freddy

Thanks a lot for the offer but I'm not in a rush right now. I still have my 4000 odd tracks to amuse me!

David

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok, I hope you have a wonderful day.
.