A. Stevens
A. Stevens, Computer Engineer
Experience:  10+ years of Desktop, Laptop, and Server troubleshooting and support.
71208907

I have been trying to edit a video project using cyber link

Customer Question

I have been trying to edit a video project using cyber link power director which normally works well but now after a few minutes editing I always get a notice that says an error has occured and must close, tell microsoft about this, and I consequently lose what I was doing. I am advised locally that it might be because I have windows xp which no longer supports microsoft. Is there any quick solution that would enable me to finish my project? Your help would greatly appreciated. My e mail address is "*****@******.***"
Thank you H. Guilbert
Category: Software
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 2 years ago.
A. Stevens :

Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question!

A. Stevens :

So currently, you have access only to a Windows XP machine correct?

A. Stevens :

Could you tell me the file extension of the cyberlink project you are working on?

A. Stevens :

Is it for example, video.PPP?

JACUSTOMER-xkdff4sy- :

Thank you mr Stevens, not sure what you want, but my project is editing video and the version of the software is V8. hope this helps

A. Stevens :

Thanks for that info

A. Stevens :

Do you know where the projects are saved?

JACUSTOMER-xkdff4sy- :

The videos are transferred from my sony camera and the finished edited output is outputted to dvd discs

A. Stevens :

OK I understand

A. Stevens :

So you just utilize the Cyberlink software only

A. Stevens :

Never have to locate the project files manually

A. Stevens :

So the project you are working on

A. Stevens :

Are you already partially started?

A. Stevens :

Or is this from a new video on the sony cam

JACUSTOMER-xkdff4sy- :

This video is from my camera down loaded on to the soft ware, Ithen edit the result using voice over trimming clips adding background music etc., but Ican't do this as the system shuts down and Ilose the work I have done

A. Stevens :

right..but the video still lives on your sony camera right

A. Stevens :

we are not trying to recover a project already started ?

JACUSTOMER-xkdff4sy- :

No, this is a new project that I have down loaded from the camera to the power director software, this project which comprises video and stoll now needs editing and the notification that appears and shuts down my computer prevents me from completing the project and downloading the finished programme to dvd disc.

A. Stevens :

I understand.

A. Stevens :

Do you have access to another computer by chance that you can use?

A. Stevens :

Just trying to find the quickest solution

JACUSTOMER-xkdff4sy- :

Thank you mr stevens I will try, will have to load the software on to another machine will let you know

A. Stevens, Computer Engineer
Experience: 10+ years of Desktop, Laptop, and Server troubleshooting and support.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR FURTHER ENQUIRY, THE PROLEM IS STILLWITH ME BUT TO A LESSER DEGREE, IF IT DOES NOT GET ANY WORSE I CAM MANAGE.

WILL CONTACT YOU IF I NEED FURTHER ASSISTANCE HAVE A NICE CHRISTMAS

BEST HAROLD GUILBERT

Thanks Harold, have a great one yourself :)