Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I have just bought a Samsung galaxy tab pro and want to know

I have just bought a Samsung galaxy tab pro and want to know how equipment and app or programme I can use to record client therapy sessions and send as an mp3 to client after the session.
Category: Software
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
As I checked your device's specifications, it is running on the Google Android platform. In this case, you have several options for apps that you can use to record your therapy sessions with your client.
You have 2 options. First is the FREE apps called the Cogi Note & Voice Recorder.
With this apps, here are the main features:
1. Simple tap-to-record and tap-to-pause interface lets you record the main points.
2. Can be set to always listen without recording.
3. Can record endlessly, till you run out of phone storage.
4. Rewinds 5, 15, 30 or 45 seconds from the time you tap, so you capture what was said before you tapped.
5. Share recordings via Dropbox, Google Drive, Evernote, and email.
6. Write notes while recording.
7. Take photographs while recording.
8. Add tags and contacts to an audio file for easy reference.
9. Can record while screen is turned off, or while you use some other app.
However, this app does not allow you to select file format for saving. It will use its default format. You can give it a try,it is free.
Here is the download link for Cogi:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cogi.mobile
The second option is the MP3 recorder. but it is not free, but he price is very reasonable.
I am referring to Hi-Q MP3 Voice Recorder. Here is the download page:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=yuku.mp3recorder.lite
You can use the free version of it also but the full version is less than $4
so you have the option to buy the full version.
I hope that helped.
Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!
If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
I noticed that the Hi-Q MP3 Voice recorder is no longer available in the link I gave you because it changed its name. Here is the working link:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.soomsoft.darecorder.free
That is a free apps as well.
Yet another MP3 recorder for you is Smart Voice Recorder MP3. Here is the link:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.glovantech.guniversalrecorder
They are all free apps so you can install it in your Android device and use it to record your therapy sessions with your client. The recorded MP3 files can then be shared through email or other means to your client.
I hope that helped.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

You haven't replied to my reply.

NB It's important that silence is also recorded as this is used in therapy and needs to be on the final recording for the client too. Does that preclude any of your suggestions?

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for writing back and I am very sorry, I did not get a previous reply, this is just your first reply to me.
Yes, since the tools / apps I recommended to you are legitimate or full-featured recording software, silence or halts are also recorded as long as you do not pause the recording process during silence.
I hope that helped.
Best regards,
Jess