Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Software Systems Specialist.
32989067

I really need someone to look at and amend a PDF document please,

Customer Question

I really need someone to look at and amend a PDF document please, ideally converting it to word too. I have adobe and have tried without success...
Category: Software
Expert:  Techie_Ben replied 2 years ago.
Techie_Ben :

Thank you for the question. Can you please attach the document here? I can try and have a look at converting it to Word for you. Thanks,

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi sure the document is attached. I have converted it to word myself however the converted file doesn't allow me to input data in the fields required. Additionally once converted the input to the totals fields is out of line etc...I have attached both the pdf and the converted word file fyi.

Attachment: 2015-01-11_025801_james_quote_template.pdf

Attachment: 2015-01-11_030033_james_quote_template.docx

Thanks for the reply. I tried converting the files and they are coming out similar. The problem in converting PDF's is that it is a "best effort" conversion given the complete differences between how data is stored in PDF versus docx format. Why not re-create the document from scratch given the documents are quite small?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I would have no clue how to do that. Is that something you could assist with please? Ideally I would like the document as shown in the word attachment I sent you and in word format...

Yes, I could have a look at doing that for you tomorrow (getting late here on the east coast in the US). However I am going to send you an offer to adjust the amount of the question given it will take time to complete two forms. Thanks again
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry but it is needed quite urgently....think I may need to look for another expert sadly..? Also it is just one document I need not two..

Ok, I understand completely. I'll open this to other experts. Thanks again!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok thank you if you could that would be appreciated

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Do you still require this to be done?
Please let me know