Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Software Systems Specialist.
32989067

I have created a document on word. When I attach it to an email

Customer Question

I have created a document on word. When I attach it to an email however the format changes and it is shown as a split screen. I would like it to appear as one document still even when attached.
Category: Software
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is the reading view, not the actual document (just how it is viewed).
When your viewing it, press Escape
Does it then display as normal?
Please let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi pressing escape does work. The issue is that I am sending quotes and invoices for my business and it looks unprofessional when they open and are viewed that way. Is there a way I can send them so they open as a one page document please?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
They open correctly though when opening them in Word? It is only when it is attached to an email it opens like this?
If so, it may be with your email client that the issue is occurring, but can you confirm if it opens in Word in one screen please?
I can also do these steps for you directly on the computer and fix this, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all.
Just let me know please.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you please go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download in the top right.
Go down to "TeamViewer Quicksupport"
Click on Download and download and run the program.
It will give you an ID and a Password.
Please give me the ID (leave a space between each character eg: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9) and the password ***** your next message to me here.
Do not close the program, but leave it open.
I can then connect to your computer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No Iam sorry but I do not wish to pay an additional £20 to have this fixed. I am confident this is a fairly straight forward issue and it was not made clear that I would have to pay for this extra help. I just clicked yes and have now been informed that this will cost £20. Please refund me.

The document looks fine when opened in word just not when attached in an email.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, if it is only via email, then depending on your version of word, do the following to stop this please
Word 2003
Open Word-> Tools-> Options-> tab General-> Allow starting in Reading Layout
Word 2007
Open Word-> Office Logo-> Word Options…-> section Popular-> Open e-mail attachments in Full Screen Reading view
Word 2010
Open Word-> File-> Options-> section General-> Open e-mail attachments in Full Screen Reading view
Word 2013
Open Word-> File-> Options-> section General-> Open e-mail attachments and other uneditable files in reading view
resultd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Is this with the document open?

How do I sort the refund for the £20 out please?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I will sort out the refund once this is completed.
Yes, it is with the document open in word.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok it is fixed. Please can arrange the refund now. Thanks.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, will arrange the refund for the additional service.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please can you / just ask email me confirmation that the refund has been completed please?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I have put in the request for the refund of Additional services for you Gemma.
It will be processed by customer service.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok thanks.