Chris L.
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Software expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

, can you tell me how to sync up subscriber lists on WordPress

Hi, can you tell me how to sync up subscriber lists on WordPress with Mailchimp? I use Mailchimp for newsletters but cannot sent to the 2000 who have subscribed on WP as cannot sync them up. So far tried Mailchimp (but keep getting an error message) and another plugin but neither work and doing it manually would take forever. Is there a solution? Thanks v much!
Category: Software
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
One solution is to export the subscribers to a CSV file then import this into Mail Chimp
You can export users from the Subscribe2->Subscribers page by clicking the "Save Emails to CSV" button. Make sure to do this in both the Public Subscribers and Registered Subscribers tabs.
Then watch this video on how to import this list into Mail Chimp
Click me to view
I know its not ideal but the only way to get this to work.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Richard,

Apologies for delay, been trying to sort it out but utterly confused! What do you mean by Subscriber2? I also can't find any way to save the subscribers into any kind of file. I'm using wordpress but through flywheel, so not sure if that affects things. Thanks for your help!

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
You should see this within your site Joa, the ability to export it to CSV.
What options do you see with your subscribers list?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Only to delete or change their role to admin or contributors in the subscribers list.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
You do it from within the Admin Panel.
So go to Newsletters > Subscribers > click "Import/export subscribers" button in top of page > scroll to "Export subscribers" section.
This exports it to the CSV file.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

As I said this is not wordpress.org so there is a dashboard but no admin panel or 'Newsletter > Subscribers' option. Mailchimp won't sync but there is no way to export users/subscribers. Have you got any other advice that might help? Thx again.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, you said it was on Word Press, if it is not wordpress, what is it Joa?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I said it's on WordPress through Flywheel.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, I did not see that sorry, I am not familar with Flywheel so will opt out for an expert that is.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Wordpress.com through flywheel, which is not the same as WP.org. Do you not know about WP.com?

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Since you are using wordpress.com this is a bit more complicated then it should be since you do not have the luxury of using all of the plug ins available for wordpress.org.

Basically you need to export your susbcribers and import them to mailchimp or whatever service you wish to use.

I am guessing that you may be using jetpack and that is where your site subscriber data is held.

Try following a long with this tutorial:
http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-switch-from-jetpack-subscription-to-mailchimp-aweber-etc/

If that is not helpful I would probably need to view the back end of your site and see what your set up is like as sites can be set up many different ways however there would be an additional charge for this.

So try following the above tutorial yourself but if you want to have me do it for you let me know and I will quote you a price.

Thanks,
Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't understand why you are talking about Jetpack. The users subscribed via WordPress. I need to sync them with Mailchimp. AutoChimp won't sync.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Jetpack can be used for your wordpress subscriptions.
Seeing as wordpress can be configured in any one of hundreds of different ways I do not thing I will be able to help you nor will anyone else without seeing your back end.
If you would like me to try and get this done for you accept my offer for extra help.
This will unlock a private window box where you can provide the user name and password ***** your wordpress admin and I will have a look and get you your subscribers.
If you choose not to go that route then let me know and I will unlock the question and see if anyone else can help you.
Thanks,
Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My question was on how to sync the contacts. Mailchimp keeps crashing but I am not using wordpress.org hence needing to use a plugin as there is no way to export the users aka subscribers. If you can advise on a different plugin to sync, I'll try that.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
If you are using wordpress.com you should have jetpack which as I explained can be used for this purpose.

If you give the log in info or at least take a screen shot of your wordpress admin dashboard I may be able to help more.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have taken s/shots, how do I send you them?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** upload a couple screenshots, please upload a shot of all the activated plug ins if possible and entire admin panel so I can see everything on the left.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The above attachment shows everything on the left but I'll do it again.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
You could also just leave me a privnote and give me the log in details to the site and mailchimp and I will see if I can do it for you.

If you want to do that just go to this site:
https://privnote.com/

Just click create note and get link. Type your wordpress and mailchimp log ins.

Then post the link.

After I view it the message will self destruct pus you can always change the passwords as well.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have CRPS so this is v painful, are the S/Shots no help?

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Not really, it would be much easier if I could just get in there myself and see exactly what we are working with.

I mean you should just be able to use a simple plug in like this
https://wordpress.org/plugins/export-users-to-csv/

But if you are using wordpress.com and not .org you may not have that ability.

It would save use both a lot of time if just took a look to see what I could do. You must remember I am not paid for any of this coversation unless you rate me and also paymentfor this question is very low. I am professional web developer and usually am paid $60 an hour but I want to help you with this.

I am afraid if I cannot get access to the site and just try and get those addresses in a usable form for you I will need to optout as I have already speant way more time on this than I should considering I have other people or are paying for my services.

Believe me I want to help you and this is the quickest way.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok so you are saying it needs a plugin to export into a csv for file instead of the Mailchimp in answer to my question. Once exported are they still on the site? I think I can manage to install a plugin (!) but thanks anyway. As I don't have an income because of disability it's way beyond my budget.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Yes I am saying that forget about directly connecting to mail chimp and just try and export to a csv.

If you need me to try it for you let me know the log in details, taking into account your financial situation I will not charge you any extra. You can just disregard the offer for additional service.
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience: Certified Software expert with over 10 years experience.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thx v much. I've managed to find a plugin for that so will rate and hope it works ;) thx again.