Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

How do I get rid of Media Suite. My BT virus software can't

How do I get rid of Media Suite. My BT virus software can't un leach it. Ive had it about 3 months and it opens up new search engine pages if Im away from the computer usually with gambling adverts.
Category: Software
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 2 years ago.
JoelK :

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. My goal is to provide professional advice and excellent customer service.

JoelK :

What is your computer operating system?

JACUSTOMER-rk34q6a4- :

Hi Its Windows 7

JoelK :

Go to Control Panel > Uninstall A Program and look for Media Suite. Highlight it and click on Uninstall.

JACUSTOMER-rk34q6a4- :

there is no such program listed

JACUSTOMER-rk34q6a4- :

I wish it was that easy

JoelK :

It might be listed under Cyberlink. Be careful that you do not uninstall your DVD software. DO NOT CLICK ON ANYTHING! Just highlight the item and read it carefully. Be Careful. I have done this by mistake.

JACUSTOMER-rk34q6a4- :

no not listed

JoelK :

You may want to purchase third-party software to that specializes in removing adware.

JACUSTOMER-rk34q6a4- :

no thats not listed either

Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.
I'm sorry about the issue. I'm another expert. I can fix this issue for you. You do not need to buy any third-party software in order to remove this malware / adware.
Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can fix the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi how will you do it

Thank you. Please accept the remote support offer, then please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can fix the issue directly on your computer together with you:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=6256693f-e37f-4679-b809-01c658079495

Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you
Viet - Computer Tech, Other
Experience: Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
I have scanned and cleaned up the computer via remote support. Please use the computer and check. Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I will go to sleep now. but will have to check it in the morning.

You worked extraordinarily. Really pleased to have come across you.

Would certainly recommend you and use you for future computer issues.

OK. Good night! You can always get back to me as needed. Thank you very much.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Apologies for delay in responding. Will be testing computer today for first time to see if malware still present.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I would like to report no problems with my computer.

Thank you for a really excellent service. (The best I have had via

JustAnswer)

Please close job.

You're welcome. Great. If you need anything else, please let me know any time. Thank you very much for your patience.
http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-itstuff/