jnayes
jnayes, Computer Support
Experience:  Network Administrator
2888018

By resolving my software woes I have described them to you

Customer Question

By resolving my software woes I have described them to you already nothing works on the browsers
Category: Software
Expert:  Joe-S replied 1 year ago.
Joe-S :

Hello, I see you have accepted the answer to the previous question and opened another.. Are you still experiencing a problem? Did you see the last update I posted?

JACUSTOMER-mr3fs8pl- : The last answer you provided did not work, the funds disappeared anyway! I am still urgent to get this resolved, so please help.
Joe-S :

Are any browsers working for you?

JACUSTOMER-mr3fs8pl- : No
Joe-S :

so its not just Firefox as originally thought

JACUSTOMER-mr3fs8pl- : It is also Google chrome
Joe-S :

When did this problem start? Did you install any new programs or visit any web sites that tried to install something?

JACUSTOMER-mr3fs8pl- : No. I can get onto the web by not accessing a browser. Which is not easy
Joe-S :

And how are you connecting?

JACUSTOMER-mr3fs8pl- : Wi-FI
Joe-S :

And what happens when you open internet explorer?

JACUSTOMER-mr3fs8pl- : I dont have Internet explorer. Ony Firefox and chrome. When I try to connect on both a message appears saying. Firefox is already running but not responding the similar for chrome
Joe-S :

What version of Windows are you using?

JACUSTOMER-mr3fs8pl- : Windows8
Joe-S :

Windows 8 has Internet Explorer built in. Can you find it and open it?

JACUSTOMER-mr3fs8pl- : Difficult as nothiing is working I am contacting you from a tablet
Joe-S :

when did this start happening?

JACUSTOMER-mr3fs8pl- : Friday
Joe-S :

do you know how to perform a system restore?

JACUSTOMER-mr3fs8pl- : I have done that today and it wouldn't work it said system restore error 0x80070005
Joe-S :

do you know how to boot your computer into safe mode?

JACUSTOMER-mr3fs8pl- : Remind me
Joe-S :

hold down the windows key and press R

Joe-S :

you should get a box to run a program. Type msconfig.exe and press enter

Joe-S :

Go to the Boot tab and, in the Boot options section check the box that says "Safe boot". Then, click or tap OK.

Joe-S :

You are informed that you need to restart your computer. Click Restart or Exit without restart depending on whether you want to restart now or later.

Joe-S :

When the computer restarts, try again to perform a system restore to a date earlier than Friday

JACUSTOMER-mr3fs8pl- : Give me a moment and I will return to you
Joe-S :

I cannot stay online chat for long. I can wait for a few minutes otherwise I will have to refer this to another expert

JACUSTOMER-mr3fs8pl- : Remind me how to find restore I forgot
Joe-S :

To restore your PC to an earlier point in time

1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
    (If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Search.)

2. Enter Control Panel in the search box, and tap or click Control Panel.

3. Enter Recovery in the Control Panel search box, and then tap or click Recovery.

4. Tap or click Open System Restore, and then follow the instructions.

JACUSTOMER-mr3fs8pl- : Ok it is progressing I will let you know
Joe-S :

I will need to switch to offline question and answer mode. Please respond when you are complete with the restore

JACUSTOMER-mr3fs8pl- : Ok
JACUSTOMER-mr3fs8pl- : The restore has not worked. In addition the screen has now changed to black and a windows message covering half the screen appeared headed use safe mode to troubleshoot problems.
JACUSTOMER-mr3fs8pl- : The screen is now in safe mode how do I get out off that
JACUSTOMER-mr3fs8pl- : Joe this is now 25mins I have waited how much longer?
Expert:  Joe-S replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Joe-S replied 1 year ago.
After you have restored your computer, please let me know the results.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Joe nothing has worked it is back to useless again. Also how do I get out of the back sccreen
Expert:  Joe-S replied 1 year ago.

I'm not sure what you mean by Back Screen. I'm going to go ahead and opt out at this point so another professional can assist you.

Expert:  jnayes replied 1 year ago.
He's referring to the black screen (safe mode).

Reverse the previous steps. Start > msconfig > hit enter > click boot tab at top, uncheck safe mode, then restart.

However, before you do that, can you please test firefox or chrome while in safe mode and report back to me on whether or not you can. I find it very unlikely that you'll get the "Firefox" is already running error.

Be sure you only click or double click Firefox once, then wait, don't keep clicking it.

I'll be back and forth today but I'll try to assist you. Please report back if you were able to use either browser in safe mode.