Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

Having switched from Chrome to Firefox, because of regular

Having switched from Chrome to Firefox, because of regular crashes, I find I still keep seeing Firefox crash.
I get this script error:
A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, open the script in the debugger, or let the script continue.
Script: DANGEROUS URL REMOVED:192
Any help is welcome.
Category: Software
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about the issue. Are you using Windows XP, Vista, 7, or 8?
Please let me know so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Jess,

Windows 7

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi Keith,
Thank you for writing back with that information. I believe your web browsers (Chrome & Firefox) were hijacked by some malwares or malicious scripts causing them to crash. Also, these malwares could be in a form of toolbars or add-ons or plugins in your web browsers.
I highly recommend performing a cleanup of your system using 2 tools that you can use for free. The tools are CCleaner and Malwarebytes.
CCleaner will take care of all unwanted files (malicious or just trash) that are clogging your system, and all registry errors. This will optimize your Windows 7 system for better and faster performance.
Malwarebytes on the other hand is the final cleanup procedure. It will scan your system for malwares and threats that your antivirus program will usually miss.
For more details on using CCleaner, please refer to this link:
http://technicalforum.org/windows/optimizing-your-windows-computer-better-and-faster-performance
For more detailed steps on doing a Malwarebytes cleanup, please use this link:
http://technicalforum.org/windows/securing-your-computer-online-threats
After the cleanup procedures, please test your browsers, Chrome and Firefox, and see if they now work fine without the frequent crashes.
I hope that helped.
Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!
If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess