Jason Jones
Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Experience:  10+ years of work experience.
30759776

Morning my name is ***** ***** set up an email account daughter

Customer Question

Morning my name is ***** ***** set up an email account for my daughter to store all photos of het from been a baby growing up along with all videos. ive now logged on and there is nothing there? help me please that account had everything???
Category: Software
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 2 years ago.
I am an Information Technology Professional with over 15 years of professional experience. I am the technician assigned to your case today. I look forward to working with you and resolving this problem.
I must ask a question or two before we begin. Thank you in advance for taking the time to answer.
Who is your e-mail provider? Please, do not enter your full email address. If you do that, it will be blocked. For that reason, please tell me what comes after the @ sign.
Which program do you use to access your email (Outlook, Mac Mail, Entourage, Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc)?
When is the last time you were able to sign into the account? When is the last time you saw all the photos & videos in the account?
Jason
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

its @Hotmail.com obviously it was a Hotmail account and then it changed to outlook which I use to log in now I saw the photos about a year ago?

Microsoft made it a bit confusing when they switched over to Outlook.com from Hotmail.com. Some people thought that you had to create a new account ending in @outlook.com to continue using their account. This is where the problem comes into play, but it is simple to fix. The simple fix is to log into your @hotmail.com account instead of your @outlook.com account.
In your case, simply log out of the Outlook.com account and log in with the @hotmail.com account. To do this, simply enter your [email protected] email address into the username field and log in.
Did that bring up your old account?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

done that and its still empty???

You signed in with the same @hotmail.com address as you did one year ago?
Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.
Remote page: http://remote.jasonfixedit.com
After clicking the link above, enter the following code E7 and click the circle button to start the remote application.