Mike the Mac Medic
Mike the Mac Medic, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Mac or Windows software support for over 20 years, specializing in graphic design, mutlimedia and video edting.
25267123

My computer has been jacked by adware and will not shift

My computer has been hi jacked by adware and will not shift from the adware systems. It has been taken over by searching.com - sportslog.com - reimageplus.com please assist in removing this adware
I have previously input my information under order no. 15491784-220 under***@******.*** please note this is me not someone else as suggested
Category: Software
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.
i will give you few tools to run is it allowing your to go to the internet and download or view pages if not let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No it will not allow me access the internet except the page it gives me

Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Looks like it will be difficult for you to run the tools which i recommend
Try to boot the computer to safe mode with networkng and then try to download if that is a problem too then you would need a remote assistance on which i will be working directly on your computer however the remote session is an additional service. hiring a technician from your area will cost you $200 however we a have a very low remote service price of $22 in addition.
Remote Connect Service - Quick Resolution
If you Would like me to remote connect to your computer and fix the issue - The remote service will be an additional service which will allow me directly work on the problem and can be fixed quickly, you can sit back and watch your screen while i fix it for you. Let me know if you need the additional service or else we can continue with the service you have already opted for.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I will accept the remote service at $22. However please note that the problem is not on this computer I am using as the faulty computer will not alllow me to access the internet as described. Can you access the infested computer?

Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
I will have to access the infected one for that you have to follow the steps on the problem computer. Steps given below
1. Power off the computer wiat for 30 seconds
2. Turn the power on and keep tapping on the F8 key repeatedly till you see a screen "windows advance option menu" you will see choices use the down arrow on the keyboard and select "safe mode with networking" and hit enter let it boot to save mode networking.
3. open justanswer email and reply me from there and i will send you a remote link to run.
Check your email now on the computer which you are communicating with me now and accept the remote offer sent.
Expert:  Mike the Mac Medic replied 2 years ago.

The free version of MalwareBytes should get rid of it: https://www.malwarebytes.org/lp/sem/5/?gclid=Cj0KEQjw8-GtBRCMl7m54PzgjNQBEiQAIZckv6iFvkvjl9BXdC_AFKS6xM8uUaWi_8DapHSwICv7UHsaAoZB8P8HAQ

Experience: Mac or Windows software support for over 20 years, specializing in graphic design, mutlimedia and video edting.
Or For Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 double-click on the Uninstall Program option. Uninstall
Search Module Plus
You will need to be able to download this file: go to the link below and click on Join your Session then allow the app to run and look for my messages on your screen: http://mikethemacmedic.com:8040/?Session=25fbf28c-7705-4d1b-bccd-5ba8688ed690 If you can’t let me know. If you are satisfied, please kindly provide an OK or Above Rating - so I get paid. Keep in mind you can always come back to this page at any time regarding this question. If we solved your problem, giving me high marks on the survey and / or bonuses are also GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks the question has been answered by Mike, however a number of different people have taken payment, when it should have been once only from Mike. I did not receive any other authorised answers, and have been charged £87.86

Anthony

I will send this to customer service for you. Thanks.