Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

Having upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, I cannot open

Customer Question

Having upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, I cannot open Outlook 2013. Something seems to have happened to permissions. What should I do?
Category: Software
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.
please let me know the exact error you get when you try to open outlook
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I get the message:

Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook Window. The set of folders cannot be opened. The file C:\Users\Ian\Documents\Outlook Files\*****@******.*** cannot be opened.

Since contacting you I have restored Windows 8.1 but still have the same problem with Outlook 2013.

Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Let me know your time when you could be online so that i can remote access and would need to take a look at the problem.
Try to click on the yes or ok button when it comes up with the path error it will launch outlook then you can go to the file menu and re direct the path for your .pst file.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

After much angst yesterday evening, I was eventually able to open Outlook in safe mode, and now it is working normally, albeit of course I am back in the Windows 8.1 OS. I am unwilling to retry Windows 10 until Microsoft has resolved what appears to be a common issue with Windows 10 and Outlook 2013.

Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
you can wait for max 15 days and keep this email with you and reply me back i will be with you to install windows 10 by the time Microsoft will almost fix all the bugs, more than 10 million people have already installed windows 10.
This session will timeout however you can open it from your email and reply me back and i will be happy to assist you further.
I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley or a star and hit submit. Please don't rate negatively Instead reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further