Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

Upgraded from 8 to 10 windows. outlook 2013 will receive e

Customer Question

upgraded from 8 to 10 windows. outlook 2013 will receive e mails but will not send any out. fault code appears cannot connect to server Ox800ccc13.
tried lots of fixes inside outlook but nothing, been like this since Monday, also loaded 10 that day
Category: Software
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your Outlook issues. What email service are you using in Outlook 2013? Is it Gmail? Yahoo Mail? AOL? Hotmail? or others?Please let me know so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

outlook 2013

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for writing back. What email service are you using in your Outlook 2013? Is it Gmail? Yahoo Mail? AOL? Hotmail? or others?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

BT mail also htomail

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for that information. Which email is NOT sending? From BT or from Hotmail? or from Both?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

both services not sending. I can receive mail in both

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for that confirmation. Are you receiving the same error (0x800ccc13) for both?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

only receive the error for outlook trying to connect to BT. I have just sent an e mail ok from Hotmail, so it is only Outlook trying to connect to the BT server for out going mail

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Wow, thank you for that confirmation. Can you please tell me the SMTP server name and port number that you are using there for your BT account in Outlook 2013?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

name: mark wilde

e mail:***@******.***

account: IMAP

incoming server: mail.btinternet.com

outgoing server:mail.btinternet.com

incoming IMAP 993

outgoing IMAP465

both with SSL

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for that information. This time, please try to change your Outgoing Mail server from mail.btinternet.com to smtp.btinternet.com
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

outlook sent a test message, this received ok. BUT the message in my out box will not be sent. have tried deleting the message and sending a new version but this will not work.

no different

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Can you please delete the email message stuck in the Outbox? After deleting it, please try to send a test email to your own email address like your Hotmail, then see if it sends out.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Another option is, since you are using IMAP, please access your BT using the web browser and check if ALL your emails are intact there.If they are intact, you are safe to DELETE the BT account in Outlook 2013 and the ADD it back. Outlook shall be able to detect the correct IMAP server for you.Keep me posted.Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did the deletion last night, deleted the whole account from outlook and re installed the account. no difference

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Have you changed the outgoing server setting to smtp.btinternet.com?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes I have

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
How is it going? By the way, you mentioned that you have already tried the deleting and adding of the BT account. But when you ADDED it back, did you allow Outlook 2013 to configure your email automatically? Or did you choose Manual configuration? It is recommended to allow Outlook 2013 to configure your BT account automatically.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I used the auto configuration. there is no difference with any thing I do or you have told me to do

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
I am very sorry about that. So when you added your BT account back, you still get the same settings, those settings that you replied to me earlier?If yes, then please try these changes in your settings :In your Outgoing mail server, please change it to smtp.btinternet.comChange the port to 587Save the changes then test.Keep me posted.Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

tried the change, the test e mail from out look cannot be sent !

going back to the original settings

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

test e mail did not go through so have gone back to original settings

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
I am very sorry about the persisting issues. Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly fix the problem while you watch?Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.Please let me know if you want this remote option.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok let's do it I have outlook mail open already. be my guest

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your permission to do remote access. I will now send the formal additional service offer of remote access. Please accept it so that I can create our remote session. After accepting it, you will then receive the procedures to join me in the remote session.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for accepting my additional service offer of remote access so that I can help you directly in fixing your problem. For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. Please follow the steps below to join me in the remote session. 1. Please click on this link:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=d8610b1a-008c-4370-b2be-ac04a874869e2. In that page, please click on the green I Agree button3. Then download the remote tool when prompted.4. Run the downloaded remote tool to join me in the remote session. I will be waiting for you there.Thank you. If you are stuck in any of the steps, please let me know so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess