Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

Since changing to windows 10 my outlook no longer sends mail.

since changing to windows 10 my outlook no longer sends mail. it just sits in the outbox. Mail comes in o.k and I have run a diagnostic test that says it is o.k. What could be the problem. My Inernet supplier is plusnet. They do not have a support online for Windows 10 as yet.
Category: Software
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Is there any error or message?Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have to go and meet with someone for the next hour. I will be back at 2.30

OK. Please reply back when you are available to continue. Thank you.
Please try the following fix when you are available. - First, close Outlook program for now. - Then right-click on the Start icon (the windows logo icon) at the bottom left of the computer's screen, then click on Command Prompt (Run as administrator), and confirm Yes(Or click on the Start menu, then click on All apps, then scroll down, then click on Windows System, then right-click on Command Prompt, then click on Run as administrator, and confirm Yes.) , then type exactly the followings: sfc /scannow , then press Enter key. , then wait until it finishes (this can take long, maybe around 15 to 30 minutes.), then open Outlook program, then you should be able to send email messages now. (Another solution: press at the same time the two keys Windows logo and R on your keyboard, then type sfc /scannow then press Enter key, then wait until it finishes, then open Outlook, and test sending emails.) Please reply back to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you that seems to have debugged the glitch.

You're welcome. Great. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on a face icon / service option above, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much