Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Familiar with a wide variety of software and experienced in user training/support
65126503

I have an issue where my laptop running windows 10 and office

Customer Question

I have an issue where my laptop running windows 10 and office 2013 will not send email, the send and receive test works in outlook and I can get email from the isp but all emails that I try to send stick in the out box and refuse to send and a test to the isp seems fine except IMAP protocol seems to be not allowed, I have uninstalled Norton and using defender I have checked the email rules and it is allowed in public and private networks ( Email ) I need a resolution and a step by step solution
Category: Software
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you do the following please to rule out any issues with the outlook profile causing this(the firewall does not block outgoing ports so it will not be this).
Close outlook.
Press the windows key + X and choose Control Panel.
Then in the top right type in Mail and click on Mail when it appears.
Then click on Show Profile.
Click on Add Profile and add in your email account details to create the profile.
Once done, on the show profiles screen, click on the option "Prompt for a profile to be used"
Then click ok to save this.
Open Outlook and then choose the new profile we just created and tell me please if this works.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know the results please