Shefin
Shefin, Software Support Specialist
Experience:  Working as Tech support specialist with a world famous computer manufacturer
15907069

Since upgrading to windows 10 my dvd-rw E: drive has disapeared

Customer Question

Since upgrading to windows 10 my dvd-rw E: drive has disapeared so can no longer play or burn cd's etc. Also since a windows automatic upgrade yesterday I have now lost access to 'all apps' etc. nothing happens when I left click the windows box (icon)
Category: Software
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hello!Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today. Please follow the instructions in the link below in order to resolve the Windows button issues.http://www.kickiteasy.com/taskbar-start-menu-cortana-issues/ In order to resolve the CD/DVD drive issue, follow the instructions below. 1. Press the Windows logo key + R key to open the Run dialog box. 2. Type in regedit and press Enter. It will open Registry Editor. 3. Type regedit in the Run dialog box, then press Enter. If you are prompted for an administrator password ***** for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow 4. In the navigation pane, locate and then click the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi 5. Right-click atapi, point to New, then click Key. 6. Type Controller0, and then press Enter. 7. Right-click Controller0, point to New, and then click DWORD(32-bit) Value. 8. Type EnumDevice1, and then press Enter. 9. Right-click EnumDevice1, click Modify.... 10. Type 1 in the Value data box, and then click OK. 11. Exit Registry Editor. Restart the computer. If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!Thank you!S H E F I N