Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Software Systems Specialist.
32989067

Since installing windows 10 I do not seem to be able to send

Since installing windows 10 I do not seem to be able to send email from Outlook .... have I missed a setting
Category: Software
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
What is the error you get when it fails to send?
and which version of outlook?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi richard

Outlook 2013? and I am willing to try the solutio but have no clue as to how to access 'rightclick on the command prompt'

Simon

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, do it this wayPlease click on Start->All Programs->Accessories, then right-click on Command Prompt and click on Run as administrator. Then you type insfc /scannowPress enterLet it complete and restart the computerAnd tell me if you can then sendI can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

But where is this 'start' I can see nothing that says start??

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok, if you do not see it, then press the windows key + X and then click on
Command Prompt (Admin)
That will also allow you to do it Simon.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

its scanning I will let you know if it works ... Thank you

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Simon
Make sure outlook is closed please
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
How did you go Simon?