Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Software Systems Specialist.
32989067

Since installing windows 10 emails are stuck in my outbox and

Since installing windows 10 emails are stuck in my outbox and will not send. I am using Outlook. Please advise.
Category: Software
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Are you getting a specific error message and if so which error do you get?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes. Either, the connection to the server was interrupted. Or, cannot connect to the server. BUT, my incoming emails are coming in fine into the inbox, and I can get on line without interruptions, so it doesn't make much sense.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you close all programs
Press the windows key + X and click on
command prompt (admin)
A black window will open
Type in
sfc /scannow
Press enter
Let this run, then restart the computer when it has finished and when you have you should then be able to send again.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Richard,

I think you are my hero as this appears to have fixed the problem. Thank you so much! I am hoping it will stay that way. Before I sign off, I previously said I disabled some ad-ins to try to fix the problem. Could you please let me know if I need to reinstate them or whether I am fine without them? I listed them in my initial information.

Many thanks in advance.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Yes, it is an issue with Windows 10 that can happen, it will be ok now.You can enable the Ad-ins, its likely they had no impact, but any issues let me know here And please remember to rate my service via the stars at the top of the screen.Thank you