Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Software Systems Specialist.
32989067

I've started to use iBooks to transfer PDFs from the web, via

I've started to use iBooks to transfer PDFs from the web, via Safari, to my iPad.
In Safari, a tap on the screen reveals the link to iBooks, when a PDF has been found.
Is there a technique for using Chrome for the same purpose?
Category: Software
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Hi there and welcome
No sorry. Problem is its been written to be used with Safari, being Apple Technologies, so you will see limitations it it such as this.
There is not even an extension to overcome this sorry.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Actually, I've just been experimenting with Chrome and my iPad, and tapping on the screen, when a PDF is being viewed, brings up an Open In link at the bottom right of the page.

This leads you to several options include iBooks and Goodreader to store and view the PDF.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
you mean Google Chrome on the iPad?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, that's correct. Chrome for iOS on an iPad Mini (Ver.8.3).

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, I thought you were referring to the computer and Chrome on this, sorry about this Richard.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, problem - thanks for your help....