Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I have not been able to send e mails from Uutlook since buying

Customer Question

I have not been able to send e mails from Uutlook since buying new machine(windows 8.1 subsequently upgraded to widows 10).
I am able to send/receive e mails from by accessing 'my bt' on the web(BT are my service provider).
Outlook send/receive progress box shows sending complete and synchronising folders complete
Category: Software
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your Outlook issues. Are the emails that you are trying to send stuck in the Outbox?Also, what exactly is the error message or error code that you are getting when sending emails fails?Please let me know so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes stuck in Outbox.

As I said the progress box shows sending complete with no error message in the dialogue or in the ribbon line(bottom right)

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for writing back with that information and I am very sorry about the persisting issues. I believe this issue is caused by the upgrade to Windows 10. Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly fix the problem while you watch?Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.Please let me know if you want this remote option or if you want to continue with this chat support mode.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Not so sure its down to windows 10 it didn't work with Wndow 8.1(64 bit either)

Jess I am happy to pay the remote access fee and a ONE OFF payment to fix this problem ---say $50 TOTAL

I do not require a monthly subscription-so unless this is acceptable to Just Answer please stop and confirm my credit card won't be charged

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Thank you for writing back. If your Outlook was having problem sending even before the upgrade to Windows 10, then I believe the issue is with your server configuration settings and I can also fix that through remote access.And I can confirm that you have NOT subscribed to our service so this will be a one-time transaction only and you will NOT be charged monthly.I will now send the formal additional service offer of remote access. Please accept it so that I can create our remote session. After accepting it, you will then receive the procedures to join me in the remote session.Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for accepting my additional service offer of remote access so that I can help you directly in fixing your problem. For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. Please follow the steps below to join me in the remote session.1. Please click on this link:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=256803fe-3bab-448e-8342-84e8a09ac9292. In that page, please click on the green I Agree button3. Then download the remote tool when prompted.4. Run the downloaded remote tool to join me in the remote session. I will be waiting for you there.Thank you. If you are stuck in any of the steps, please let me know so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess