IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

Cannot open my mail from start on windows 10

cannot open my mail from start on windows 10
Category: Software
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

Please tell me if you receive an error message when trying to open the Mail app/program, or it opens, but you don't see any of your e-mails.
Thanks,
IT Miro
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no I click and no responce
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
I see. Do other programs on the Start work?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
OK. There is a way to reset the Mail app settings. Hold on while I provide the instructions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
are you still there
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Here are the instructions: 1. Start Windows PowerShell as administrator. To do that, type Windows PowerShell into the Windows 10 search (Cortana). Once you see Windows PowerShell under the search results, right-click it and select Run as administrator 2. Windows PowerShell is similar to the Command Prompt. You need to type (paste) 2 commands there. The first one is: Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like "*windowscommunicationsapps*"} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online Copy the whole command and then click on the PowerShell icon located in the upper left corner of the PowerShell window, then choose Edit > Paste. The command should be pasted, so just press Enter 4. Wait until the PowerShell is executing the command 5. Once done, you need to do the same with this command: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"} 6. Wait until the PowerShell is executing this command as well. It may take a few minutes to finish. Once done, restart the computer and then check if the Mail app is working. Let me know the results.