IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I cannot send emails from outlook 2007 since I have upgraded

I cannot send emails from outlook 2007 since I have upgraded to windows 10. I have just completed sfc /scannow which hasn't worked. It advises that corrupt files are in CBS.Log. What ever that means.
Category: Software
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Hello! My name is***** tell me what happens when you attempt to send e-mails. If you receive an error message, type it here.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi,Often there is no error message. But I did get )x*00ccc92.I can receive but not send. I have done the SFC /scannow as recommended by others but said found corrupt files in CBS.Log.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
whoops error message was 0X800CCC92
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
OK. Have you made any changes to your Outlook e-mail account recently, such as changing the server settings, ports, etc?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Tried that. I changed it to TLS 587. Previously it was 25. I have another email account on a different computer so just copied settings. I have not upgraded to windows 10 on this one yet!
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Please tell me the name of the e-mail provider you use, or just type the last part of the e-mail address, such as @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, etc. I will check for the correct e-mail settings and will let you know what to do.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
@talktalk.net
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
are you still there?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Hold on...
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Since you can receive e-mails, but cannot send, something seems to be wrong with the outgoing mail server settings. The correct TalkTalk outgoing mail server is: smtp.talktalk.netOutgoing mail server port number is: 587 Please check if those settings are set. If they are, but the problem is still there, please exit Microsoft Outlook and then right-click the Microsoft Outlook icon and select Run as administrator. Confirm if asked to run and then check if you can both send and receive.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Settings are correct. Selected run as administrator. email in outbox had gone but trier to send another and same problem exists. It keeps popping up asking for network password. I press OK and then it just reappears.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
In that case, I suggest removing your TalkTalk e-mail account from Outlook and re-adding it.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
All the e-mails will be synchronized once you re-add it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK will have a go. Do I do this closing the run as admin first and open up normally?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
You can remove the account and then exit Outlook. After about 20 seconds, start it again - as Administrator. Proceed to re-adding the account. You can copy the settings from another computer you mentioned.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That looks like it fixed it! The smtp is 25 and not 587 though. I took the settings the saystem automatically generated which are different to my other accounts. I guess that doesn't matter?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
The TalkTalk instructions say to use 587, but it looks like both 25 and 587 port numbers can be used. The most important is that it is working! :)
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
You can now exit Outlook and start it normally. In case the problem returns, you may need to start it as Administrator again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your help. I guess when I upgrade windows 10 on my other PC's I just reload email account. Thanks for your help again.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Yes, you can follow the same instructions on your other computer, in case you see it won't send e-mails.