Freddy M.
Freddy M., IT Technician
Experience:  Years of experience.
15852642

I am unable to open content on an sd card when it is slotted

I am unable to open content on an sd card when it is slotted into the reader on the desktop
Category: Software
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.It sounds like the card reader driver may not be installed, what model computer is this? What version of windows or mac is on the computer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello, the computer is a Lenovo desktop which runs on windows 8

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
What model Lenovo is it? It should have a model number on it somewhere which I need to find the driver.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry for delay. I've taken this info from the rear of the computer.

MO: VS1211D1B2

Machine type: 4773

MTM: VEP4AUK

S/N: VS80050062

20".

That is everything I can find. Hope it helps.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Please download and install this driver and then test it:http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/desktops-and-all-in-ones/lenovo-c-series-all-in-ones/lenovo-c340-all-in-one/downloads/DS031640
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Downloaded but photos taken earlier today don't show up. Camera plugged in. Sony Eperia Z3

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
That driver is for a card reader, you said that you were putting the card into the slot of the computer not connecting the camera directly. Which are you doing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry about that. I'm also plugging in a camera via USB slot. It was the card reader which also didn't work earlier. So now the camera shows nothing.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Please use only the card reader, and with the card remove check the camera itself to see if those pictures are on the internal memory.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Do not connect the camera to the computer to check, check on the camera itself.