Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I want to download selected photos from my windows phone to

I want to download selected photos from my windows phone to my Windows 10 laptop. When connected the camera roll file is empty. Was much simpler in Vista
Category: Software
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 2 years ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your Windows phone?

When connecting the phone to the computer, does it show anything on the phone and/or on the computer?

Does it show your camera device or camera's drive letter in File Explorer?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Phone is a Nokia Lumia 625.

It shows a picture of a phone together with drives C & D.

OK for a remote session.

Thank you. Please accept the remote support offer, then please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=56ef29ac-2aef-41d8-8bea-8ded22d07f1b

, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you
Let's click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can fix the issue directly on your computer together with you:

http://tinyurl.com/nns4wbg

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It's getting too late to carry on with this, can we pend it for another time? It's my view that W10 is trying to be too clever and taking away my control over what I do. Just about everything that worked in Vista is now non functional. Regards, John.

I'm sorry. Yes, we can continue tomorrow morning and/or whenever you are available. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Viet

Back on line this evening. I have checked that the phone driver is current since yesterday. I have an additional SD card in the phone which has one image on it which I can view. Otherwise the camera roll function still shows an empty folder when opened.

It looks as if I am 5 hours ahead of you.

John.

What happens when you open the phone device in File Explorer? Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It opens a screen on the phone titled 'Sign In'. Use the Nokia password ***** the ID you usually use......and more

What happens when you sign in your account? Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

If I sign in with my email account nothing happens. I have since found a Microsoft account that was opened when I purchased the phone by the assistant. I have never used it and cannot remember the password. I have requested a new one via email but nothing yet. Could this be the source of my problem?

John.

Please check your Spam email folder. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Spam folder is empty.

John

Can I connect remotely to your computer and fix now? Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Lets give it a try.

John

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=dd6abefb-98e2-4740-8026-9bb6765d4151

Thank you; please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely:

I have resolved the issue via remote support. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Thank you very much.

http://www.justanswer.co.uk/computer/expert-itstuff/
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The first time I have used a service like this. Excellent support and solution by Viet. Would recommend it to anyone with a problem. The dialogue programme where we could converse directly provided the means to a quick solution.

Many thanks,

John.