Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Software Systems Specialist.
32989067

I have problems sending emails abut the account settings are

I have problems sending emails abut the account settings are ok....it tells me there is a network issue but there isn't?? Is there a setting I need to change somewhere in internet options?
Category: Software
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me which email program this is and which email service you are using as well as the version of windows please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

outlook on Windows 10

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Sally
do the following please
Press the windows key + X and click on command Prompt (admin)
A black window will open.
Type in it
sfc /scannow
press enter and when it has completed, type in
chkdsk /r
Press enter.
It will give a message "the type of the file system is NTFS cannot lock current drive.
chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts y/n" Say Y, press enter and restart the computer.
Please note, while this normally only takes 10 minutes to run, it can take at times number of hours if windows encounters many issues. If this is occurring it is critical to let this complete as it means you have corruption on the hard drive that it needs to fix. Even if it looks like the scan is not progressing, it is, please just let it run to completion. Windows will then start when it has.
Than try to send an email
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Else let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi.....SUCCESS! email sent!!!! What could the problem have been? It told me some files were corrupt and fixed and some updates have been installed? This has happened a few times....could it be the updates aren't happening? If so how do I rectify that???

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It was corrupted system files Sally, and this repairs it, it will be ok now.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Excellent news and fabulous service - thank you!! Smile

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
your most welcome!
Please remember the rating via the stars or smiley faces you see so I am correctly credited
Thank you Sally