Mike the Mac Medic
Mike the Mac Medic, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Mac or Windows software support for over 20 years, specializing in graphic design, mutlimedia and video edting.
25267123

I have microsoft exchange and use Outlook. I cannot load/use

Customer Question

I have microsoft exchange and use Outlook. I cannot load/use my contacts on the i pad or i phone. The support advice refers to an option to import to People on mobile OWA settings which does not exist. the contacts on my Mac desktop Outlook are fine. What is the solution
Category: Software
Expert:  Mike the Mac Medic replied 1 year ago.
Have you installed this on your PC? https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204283
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear *****
I have an outlook account with the exchange email address installed on my computer. Mail and the calendar function work well across my three devices.
Robin
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've just made one further discovery. It would appear that if I Enter a new contact on my Mac then it will work across all devices. So if I look at my Mac I notice under the folders for my email address that there are two boxes to tick . The first says address book and the second says contacts. Both have been ticked. If I am tick the contacts that I have only left with the new Contacts that I have recently entered. So it seems to me the problem gets down to how do I on my Mac import my contacts (which were imported as a PST from another computer) into the address Book folder.
Sorry... so to be clear you have all Apple devices and computers no Windows computer correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Correct - I am running outlook exchange on all three devices
OK can you export the addresses that are not syncing then re-import them adding them to both Address Book and Contacts? Or if you have web access import them there instead.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes I have tried to do this creating a Mac file.without success . I will try this evening to import from I cloud

Best wishes
Robin
Go to Contacts / Choose the contacts that are not syncing then go to Contact at the top of the screen to Move and then move them to the iCloud address book
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I could not find the Move instruction so used export to idrive and then import to address book - tried several times and all it does is create an additional folder that contains all the contacts - but these do not replicate across the other devices. all that is showing in the original undeletable address folder is the ones I have recently entered.

Do you have web access to your Exchange account?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try that
OK
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sadly none of the suggestions worked

Best wishes
Robin

What format are these contacts in now? Can you send them to me?

Go here with any web browser:

http://tinyurl.com/upload-to-mikemacmedic

Choose Select Files and navigate to your file(s) to upload or you can also just drag the file(s) to the Upload box, then click on Start Uploading Files or Cancel to stop.