Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Software Systems Specialist.
32989067

0x800cce05 this error codes appears on loading any office

Customer Question

0x800cce05
this error codes appears on loading any office 2016 programs. I'm using windows 10
Category: Software
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you press the windows key + X and click on Control Panel
Then click on uninstall a program, click on office, then change, then repair
Choose to do an online repair, let this complete and when it has, tell me if it now functions correctly please.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Else Let me know the results please
thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sorry but this did not work.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, than do the following pleasePress the windows key + X and click on Command Prompt (admin) A black window will open.Type in itsfc /scannowpress enter and when it has completed, type inchkdsk /rPress enter. It will give a message "the type of the file system is NTFS cannot lock current drive. chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts y/n" Say Y, press enter and restart the computer. Then tell me if you still have the problem please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Scan and repair in progress but hanging at 13% completed
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It wont hang there David, it just needs time to complete, can take many hours depending on the issue.
It should though have completed by now. You let it complete?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok i will have another go at it

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Let me know the results please