Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Software Systems Specialist.
32989067

If I download the pictures to an incoming e-mail by right clicking

Customer Question

If I download the pictures to an incoming e-mail by right clicking , I can no longer move it to a folder as the warning "This message has been changed and can not be moved" comes up. I have outlook 2013 and am using windows 10 on a Lenovo G500 64 bit.
Category: Software
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
To clarify, you mean you right click an email to try to move it to another folder within outlook, and you then get this error?
Is this correct?
Please let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes but only if I have downloaded the complete message

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Please go to FILE -> Account Settings -> Account Settings -> Double click the IMAP account -> More Settings -> Advanced tab -> Under Folders, type Inbox in the blank box of Root folder path then OK.
Then restart Outlook and try again
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
else Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Will give this a try. Need to go off line to do some outside work but will report results if I receive an e-mail.

Thank You

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry Richard that did not fix the problem. If you have any other suggestion please let me know. The message is always the same " this operation can not be performed as the message has been changed"

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, just to check, you were able to carry out my instructions?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I think this link expresses the problem better than I can and it seems that even Microsoft has no fix at this time.

Cordially

Melvin Chamberlin

Killarney Ireland

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2013_release-outlook/cant-move-message-from-inbox-to-folder/c7bae16a-a093-4383-90d8-0e49fc236992/

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks,
Can you close all programs
Press the windows key + R and type in
outlook.exe /safe
Press enter and tell me if you still get the error when doing this please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Carried out the instruction but got this window error message " windows can not find outlook.exe/safe. Check your typing and reenter.

Mel

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Mel, there is a space before the / which you forgot to add.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

That seem to work was able to move your message to a folder but could not before following you instruction.

Tks

Mel

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, but its not really fixed yet Mel, we just confirmed its an add-in
To fix this
Select “COM Add-ins” in the Manage drop-down at the bottom of the “Options->Addins” window and click “Go”. Note: To get to the Options window, click on the File tab first.
Uncheck all add-ins
Click OK.
Then restart outlook and it should now be ok.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I completed the suggested task and did a full down load of your message and was able to move it between two folders. Now suspect my anti virus program Kaspersky may be at fault. Will try more when I receive new messages but I think it will work now. Will keep your advise on file. Thank You.

Mel

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Mel