Martin
Martin, Network Engineer
Experience:  10+ Years Experience CCNA Network Engineer A+ Net+ Linux & Windows OS C++ Programming
74139101

Just upgraded to Windows 10. Have Outlook 10, can get emails,

Customer Question

Just upgraded to Windows 10. Have Outlook 10, can get emails, but cannot send emails.
Category: Software
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Hello, welcome to JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I'm one of the experts who will be assisting you today.Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your email.When did the problem start?Do you get any errors?Please reply using the box below.Regards,Martin
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Problem stated last night, seemingly just after a marathon session upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. Did not notice until just now because I am able to receive emails (but not Send) and am able tp send and receive Skype IM messages

Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
What happens when you try to send and are there any emails in the Outbox?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Emails go into outbox and transfigure into bold italic but do not send. Get Send/Receive error message, but no code number although think it might be 0x800CCC0B

Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, you're not sure that's the error code? It would make a big difference to have the actual code, but going with that code I'd suggest after the upgrade your anti virus, providing you have one, is blocking the connection to the SMTP server.A good way to test that out would be to disable the anti virus, reload your email software and try again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Have already tried this.

Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry, without having a look at it myself I won't be able to give you concrete instructions and wouldn't want to trial and error with your computer over an error that might be.I can give you instructions on how to roll back to your previous OS if you like, other than that I'd suggest a remote connection.What do you think?
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. From your computer click the following link:https://ngmt.screenconnect.com/?Session=f742318b-b535-421f-9b9f-0247a05bf96fThen click Join your session -->And run (open) the program that gets downloaded Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client Let me know once you've done that or if you need additional steps.Martin