Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Software Systems Specialist.
32989067

I have just upgraded to Windows 10. As well as losing all

Customer Question

I have just upgraded to Windows 10. As well as losing all my archived email, I now can only get email through Outlook.com online. (I have set this up.) However, I can't go directly from my desktop and I have to put in a password ***** time. Is there anything I can do about this ? I suppose my past emails are lost forever. I also find the clock resets to what I assume is California time, despite my attempts to change it.
Category: Software
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Which actual email program are you using in windows 10 for emailing?
Please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Outlook.com but only online. I can't work it from desktop. In fact your message with the password *****'t arrive and I had to get it by going onto utility warehouse webmail.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, I understand you are using outlook.com online, but which email program from your desktop do you wish to use? And what goes wrong when you try?
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Richard, Software Engineer
Experience: Software Systems Specialist.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do I do now ?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is this private contract info ? I don't know what to do next.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
you need to do the instructions I just gave please, I will repeat them again.
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ID###-##-####Password *****
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
connecting
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have restarted PC. Am I now back with you ?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, now try to synch your emails and tell if it does or if not what error you get please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry. I don't understand what 'synch' my emails means.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
when your in the email program you see the button at the top with Synch on it
Click on that please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did as you said. Got error code 0x80070032
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, can you run Teamviewer again so I can connect please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I do this ?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
The teamviewer program that you opened before so I could connect, where you gave me the password, you run that program again and give me the password *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ID as before 861 901 908
Password *****
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It says Teamviewer is not running, are you sure you did not close it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think I've turned it off now.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, turn it on again and give me the new password *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Password ***** As far as I can see the program is still there on the top bar.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thats better, thanks