Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Familiar with a wide variety of software and experienced in user training/support
65126503

My Outlook Rules do not run properly. many do not work

Customer Question

Hi, My Outlook Rules do not run properly. many do not work and important incoming emails get sent to the junk box.
Also when I apply the Run Rule now many old emails reappear and are often doubled
Category: Software
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My Outlook Rules do not always work and important emails get sent to junk. Also when I Ruin rules old permanently deleted emails are reintroduced and many are doubled
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for coosing JustAnswer.com I am very sorry to hear you are having so much trouble, I would love to get to help you with this.I really think the best way to help you is with a Remote Session. Due to the complexity of the issue you are describing, it would take a lengthy series of back and forth to troubleshoot your issue. It is an additional charge, but it is VERY worth it. Because it usually resolves the issue very quickly, and offers an opportunity to see how an expert interacts with a PC, lending to a small learning experience.I will connect to your computer, and fix the issue while you watch, if you accept my proposal for remote tech support.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is fine. However, what happens if I pay more - and there is not a solution?
If I am unable to successfully satisfy you, then we can initiate a refund request.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would it be a full refund?
I have spent over 2 hours with most helpful Microsoft technicians but it is still not solved!
Hmm, if you have already spent 2 hours with Microsoft technicians......what was the end result? Did they just say, oh well we cant fix it....too bad?I mean what did microsoft ultimately tell you was wrong?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just stopped asking for help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have I got a monthly account open with Just Ask?
you are using OUTLOOK 365? Or are you using the FULL MS outlook?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
365 with Office 2016
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
windows 10
I am unable to see ANY of yoru account details, as i am just a computer expert.....you would have to contact customer service about what subscription you are enrolled in.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok - just seemed to be recognised - will need to check my banking standing orders.
Oh, Windows 10......there may not BE a fix yet.Windows 10 is NEW. and not everything runs perfectly, or correctly on a NEW operating system. DO you recall generally, what the microsoft technicians were checking?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As well as the problem I mentioned, above, Quicksilver, I was having 3000 emails downloading every time I opened outlook. yes, they reloaded 365 No result), checked with my server settings and found I had 2 addresses which meant that the server held 2 copies of everything. We deleted one address and since then the 3000 emails have ceased.However the problem of multiple downloads is continuing plus duplicates as mentioned.
Hmm, that is odd.Did the technician remotely connect to your computer, and make changes? Other than reloading outlook 365. Did they make any changes to the rules?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes remote
No changes to the rules
Hmm, see im not sure if we even COULD fix this issue, BECAUSE you are using Windows 10. For that reason....i fear i may work on your PC, and never be able to fix, wasting time and effort. If you want free help, i suggest you continue to work with microsoft technicians. I dont want to work on your machine for hours, and do it for nothing, and not get any compensation. So for that reason, i must OPT-OUT, and allow another expert to offer their help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I fully understand, Quicksilver, and that is why I considered it only fair to inform you about the nightmare of a history...... Imagine sorting through 3000 emails a couple of times a day, for several days and then finding that the Rules did not work! And now this current problem!
I appreciate your kind help and advice but have I been charged for this; the original agreement was a result - or refund.
you may have paid the website JustAnswer.com.But you have NOT paid me.YOu might need to request your deposit be refunded.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK - Thanks again for your help.
Your deserve a payment!
May God Bless you!