Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Software Systems Specialist.
32989067

I am having a problem sending e-mails in Outlook, Windows

Customer Question

Hi, I am having a problem sending e-mails in Outlook, Windows 10. They end up in the Outbox rather than being sent...Can you help, thanks.
Category: Software
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you still receive emails? and are you getting a specific error message?
Please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have just received your e-mails so no problems receiving. I have a problem with sending messages, they automatically end up and shown in the Outbox. They are NOT received by the recipient. I can delete them from the Outbox...
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
When they end up in the outbox it means it could not send them out (they always go to the outbox but its so quick that you do not see it).
Can you do the following please
Press the windows key + X and click on command prompt (admin)
A black window will open.
Type in it
sfc /scannow
press enter and when it has completed, type in
chkdsk /r
Press enter.
It will give a message "the type of the file system is NTFS cannot lock current drive.
chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts y/n" Say Y, press enter and restart the computer.
Please note, while this normally only takes 10 minutes to run, it can take at times number of hours if windows encounters many issues. If this is occurring it is critical to let this complete as it means you have corruption on the hard drive that it needs to fix. Even if it looks like the scan is not progressing, it is, please just let it run to completion. Windows will then start when it has.
Then try to send an email.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
else Let me know the results please
Richard, Software Engineer
Experience: Software Systems Specialist.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ID is 122 190 163
Password ***** *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is that all right?
Do you need anything further?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard - can you please confirm that you received the ID and Password? Thank you.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I am connected, I think you missed my messages bottom right of your screen.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard - I can see still 96% verification. Once it stops, will let you know the results (although not quite sure what you mean by "results on the website"). I bought the laptop 3 days ago with pre-installed Office 2010. Have downloaded Office 365, bought together with the laptop. Do not expect lots of issues but you never know. Sorting out the' sending e-mails issue' is very important at this stage. Talk later.KR,
Svetla
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi again Richard - please see below the results from the scan. Shall I try sending e-mails now?Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10240]
(c) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannowBeginning system scan. This process will take some time.Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired
them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For
example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not
supported in offline servicing scenarios.C:\Windows\system32>
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, results on the website meant here, this website.
Restart the computer and try sending please.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, thanks doing it now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard,The sent e-mails still end up in the Outbox and not being set. I suspect it is a question of settings since this is a brand new laptop. Would you be able to remotely link and have a further look.Thank you,
Svetla
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, please run teamviewer and give me the password ***** I can then connect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The password ***** *****
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanks