swmcdonnell
swmcdonnell, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Steve has many years of experience in software development.
47680681

I need help with OBS (Open Broadcast Software) I want to

Customer Question

Hi I need help with OBS (Open Broadcast Software) I want to stream on Twitch TV and Youtube, they both use different bit rates, I would like to stream at 720p on Twitch and at 1080p on Youtube, I get around 10 MBPS upload speed and 100 MBPS speeds, what
would the best setup for me to use in OBS for both platforms? Thanks
Category: Software
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and THANK you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com Before we dive into the OSB software.YuoTube has some qualifications FIRST, before you are allowed to LIVE stream on youtube.1- Confirm that your channel is verified and in good standing.2- Then, enable live streaming from Creator Studio tools --> Live Streaming. Have you done this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I have done all of this, I have lived streamed many times but youtube tells me there is a problem with the bitrate in the stream health box when live streaming, just another note I am using a mac, which has decent parts including an i7 so my computer can handle the CPU to stream.
Oh,darnit....your on a MAC.....and I am NOT authorized to work on MAC's I will have to opt out, and allow another expert to help you. I also need to change your category
Expert:  swmcdonnell replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is***** are you broadcasting? Is it a game capture?You might need to run two separate instances of OBS, with separate settings for Twitch and YouTube. Even though you have an i7, it will put a lot of strain on the computer. You can use two computers for less strain.To run two instances of OBS, put "-multi -portable" at the end of the command line. The multi option lets you run more than one instance, and the portable option saves the settings for each instance separately.Please let me know if this makes sense or if I haven't interpreted your question correctly. I'm happy to chat about it further and see what I can do to help.
Hi there. I'm just checking back with you to see if my answer helped you or whether you need more assistance. If I answered your question, I would ask that you accept the answer and rate me, because otherwise I don't get paid anything for helping you. If not, please chat me back and I'll help you find the solution. Thanks!