IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

Is it possible to backup my iTunes music library to Google

Is it possible to backup my iTunes music library to Google Drive?
If so, how do I do it? I'm using Win7, and have 1Tb storage on Google.
Category: Software
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is***** it is possible to backup your iTunes music library to your Google Drive account. I can provide the full instructions for you, but first, let me know if you already have both iTunes and Google Drive programs installed on your computer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Miro

Yes, they're both installed on my Win7 laptop.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Great! Here are the instructions: 1. Access your Google Drive folder and create a new folder where you want to store your iTunes music library. For example, a folder named iTunes 2. After that, start iTunes. Click on the Edit menu located at the top, and then click on Preferences... If you don't see the Edit menu, press the Ctrl and B keys at the same time to show the menu bar 3. Click on the Advanced tab. It will display the current location for the iTunes library. You will need to change it to the location of the new iTunes folder created in your Google Drive folder 4. To do that, click on the Change... button and point to your Google Drive folder. You can click on the "Google Drive" shortcut under the Favorites located in the upper left corner of the Explorer window. Select the iTunes folder there and click on the Select Folder button 5. Now check the "Copy files to iTunes Media folder when adding to library" check-box, and click OK 6. After that, click on the File menu and then click on Library > Organize Library... 7. Check both check-boxes to consolidate and reorganize files, and click OK 8. Wait for about a minute or two while the iTunes is working on your library. Once it has finished, you will see all your iTunes files stored under your Google Drive folder That way, Google Drive can synchronize any new music files you add to your iTunes library, so you don't need to manually transfer it to your Google Drive folder. Just make sure to keep the Google Drive program running on your computer so that it can synchronize the changes. If you require any other assistance, let me know. Regards,IT Miro
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That's great. I've followed your instructions, and music is being transferred to the Google Drive folder.

Two questions: the Google Drive folder is on my laptop. When and how does it get uploaded to Google Drive in the cloud. Do I have to action this?

And it appears to be transferring more than just music - it seems to also be the files from my iPhone backup to iTunes. Does that make sense?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
The same Google Drive folder is both on your laptop and in the cloud. Whatever changes you make within that folder on your laptop, the Google Drive program automatically synchronizes it with the cloud copy.
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience: Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional