Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Software Systems Specialist.
32989067

I have not received any E mails days. when i click on

I have not received any E mails for 3 days. when i click on send/receive it shows 2nd line processing but it seems to be stuck halfway.
Category: Software
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me in which email program this is occurring in?
eg: Outlook 2010?
And which version of windows or mac?
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
don,t know which office outlook possibly 2010.
windows10
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, can you confirm the version please as its important to know.
Also when could you last receive emails
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
outlook is 2013 and last e mails last friday
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you close outlook please
Then press the windows key + E and go to c:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Office 15\root\office15
There run the file called ScanPST
Then when the program opens, click on browse and click at the top of the screen and delete the path and enter in
%appdata%
Press enter
Then click on Appdata at the top, then click on local, then Microsoft then outlook.
Click on the file outlook, then run the scan and then run the repair.
Once complete, restart the computer and tell me if you can now receive emails.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
else Let me know the results please
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
still unable to access E mails thro office outlook2013.managedto finally pick up yourmessage via talktalk webmail
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, can you do the instructions I gave you (repeated below) so I can connect to your computer please
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have opened an account with teamviewer using my E mail address and password"homestead72. to get remote access user name267 911 592 and password919wex.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
connecting
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many Thanks for all your efforts