Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Software Systems Specialist.
32989067

This is a questions about Google Drive (1Tb in the Cloud,

This is a questions about Google Drive (1Tb in the Cloud, Win7 PC. Basic problem is that files/folders in my PC's Drive Folder are not being uploaded to the Cloud. Solution according to Drive Support is that I have to close and re-start the app on my laptop.

This is done by accessing the 3 dots (to get to diagnostic mode) which are normally seen when clicking on the Drive taskbar icon. However, when triggering the Drive window it's too far over to the right on my screen, and the 3 dots can't be seen or accessed.

Is there any way of dragging the window to centre screen, or at least, viewing the 3 dots which are off-screen?

Category: Software
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcome
It appears your resolution may be the issue.
Right click on the desktop on a blank spot and choose Screen Resolution.
Then increase the resolution which makes everything appear smaller.
Once done, tell me if you can then access it please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, Richard

Current resolution (highest) is 1366 x 768.

If I change to 1280 x 768 - no change to screen.

Am I doing it wrong?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No it needs to go higher but your already at the highest so its not possible
Can you instead right click on the desktop and choose Personalization, then choose Display and there choose Smaller
Apply this and tell me if it then fits in your screen please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Only two choices (Smaller, 100%, which it is be default) and Medium (125%), but neither make a difference, unfortunately.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
try restarting the computer and tell me if it then appears correctly please Richard.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK, but it'll be later today - many thanks.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanks Richard
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Richard, coincident with this Q&A session with you, I've just had a 'phone call from Google Drive support in the US. They've informed me that the positioning of the G-Drive window (partly off-screen to the right) is a known issue with Win7, and they've escalated the problem to a higher level in their support team.

We can leave this Q&A open for 24hrs in case they offer a solution and I can come back to you? I will also re-start the PC later today.

In the meantime, thank you for your help.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes thats not problem though its strange as I have windows 7 and its ok...
May be an issue only on some machines.
But we leave this open of course in the event you have any issues.
Let me know how it goes please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Richard, good day

Google Tech Support sent me a fairly complex set of procedures regarding DPI visualisation, but before I initiated those, I tried your suggestion of rebooting (when the syncing had stopped), and everything's now fine, with the Drive window fully visible.

Once again, many thanks for your help.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
your welcome and as you see we know more about googles product then they do :)If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.And please remember to do the service ratingThank you